The City of Cambridge has announced the selection of the Utile Architecture + Planning team for the Cambridge citywide planning project.
Utile leads an interdisciplinary team with a deep understanding of local planning issues and a creative approach to public engagement. The team will complement and augment the capacity of City staff on this multi-year effort.
A detailed timeline for the various phases of the citywide planning process will be developed by the selected project team. The project is expected to take approximately three years, with an Alewife area study addressed as an early phase of the project.
The timeline for consultant selection and the masterplan process:
- April 24 – May 8, 2015: Public review of consultant scope and deliverables
- May 11 – 22, 2015: Revisions and finalization of RFQ
- Week of May 25, 2015: Issue RFQ
- June 8, 2015: City Council Roundtable Discussion on Citywide Planning
- June 25, 2015: RFQ responses due
- July 27, 2015: Public presentations from shortlisted firms
- Late June – August, 2015: Proposal review and contract award
- September, 2015 - 2018: Citywide planning process